I’ve been writing this blog consistently for nearly a year. It wasn’t until I started getting a decent amount of readers that I started thinking about monetizing this blog… and redesigning it. I’ve actually got some great plans for the new look of RBM (hey, that’s the first time I’ve referred to my blog as an acronym!), but it’ll be awhile before I unveil it to you. Needless to say, Ruth Soukup’s new e-book How to Blog for Profit (Without Selling Your Soul) came at a perfect time.
First off, who DOESN’T want to learn how to make money from blogging? Or who ISN’T interested in knowing how bloggers can make money from their computers? I confess that I’ve been extremely curious for a loooooooooooooong time. And if you’re equally as curious, then Ruth’s book will satisfy all your curiosities. I know she answered all my questions.
Ruth writes a successful blog at Living Well Spending Less. I only learned about her a few months ago, but she has killer content about how to save money and finding the good life on a budget. There’s a ton of useful information on there – I promise you!
Now, back to my book review. Here are a few things that makes Ruth’s book a must-read:
- The book gets straight to the point! There is no general “fluff” that explains what a blog is and what social media means.
- It is very well-written.
- She discloses actual income numbers of other bloggers.
- She breaks down the various income streams in full detail.
- I love that she was so honest about her beginnings and her insecurities. It really helped to know that I wasn’t the only one was confused about how to build my readership and if it’s worth all the time I put into each post.
- And it is. The second chapter is all about writing “awesome” content. (I dare you to count how many times you read “awesome” in this book.) This is important in order to get loyal readers.
- The book is summed up through the importance of “work smarter, not harder.” She includes a plethora of organizational tools. It’s pretty amazing.
- There are just so many tips and advice. I can’t stress how priceless it is to have all this information in one location.
Anyway, two thumbs up for this book! As it’s only available as an e-book, you can start reading it right away on your e-reader!
This book is currently priced at $0.99 for today only! After today, I think it goes back up to $4.99, which is still an amazing price. Not $0.99 amazing, but still worth it.
If you get this book, or have already read it, let me know what you think!
Disclaimer: I received an advanced copy of this product at no charge in exchange for my honest review. All of the thoughts and opinions on this product are my own. This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if a purchase is made.
Twitter | bloglovin’ | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest